Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pre-Workout Smoothie!

I wanted a little treat for myself before my workout today, so I decided to make myself a smoothie! Instead of using a bunch of sugar and unwanted calories, I decided to replace them with healthier alternatives! Here's how I made my pre-workout smoothie.

First I wanted a healthy base for my smoothie and I didn't want to use milk, because that would be too much fat for me. So I decided to go with good old almond milk. It's loaded with protein and vitamin D! Did you know that almond milk is actually healthier than soy milk? Amazing huh?! :) 


Next for the fruit. I wanted something fresh and yummy for my taste buds, so I chose an apple and a pear.


You can't have a refreshing smoothie without some ice!


If you're like me and have a sweet tooth, go on and ad a tablespoon of peanut butter to your smoothie for that protein kick!


This was the outcome of my smoothie, I probably should have presented it better to you guys, but boy did it taste good! :)


Procedure:
Add the chopped apple and pear, the tablespoon of peanut butter, 1/2 a cup of ice, 1 cup of almond milk, and 1 sachet of splenda (optional) into the blender. Pulse for 5 times and then set it on low for about a minute. When the big chunks seem to be all broken down, go ahead and put it on high for another 30 seconds. Pour the smoothie into your favorite glass and enjoy! :)

xoxo
STEF

No comments:

Post a Comment